Thinking with hands - Cruinniú na nÓg 2020
Are we only allowed to think with our heads?
To celebrate children’s creative and critical thinking during Cruinniú na nÓg, we’re inviting any children age 9 -12 years old in the Republic of Ireland to think with hands. Thinking takes time so we ask you to prepare your piece before the day of our event on Zoom on the 13th June.
How to participate?
1. Watch our video with a story: YouTube link "Life is a dream"
2. Think with your hands. Think about what is this story telling you? How do you understand the story? What does the story teach you about?
Interpret (show) what you think about the presented story in any creative material you want:
3. Record a short video or take a good quality photograph presenting your work and send it to or WhatsApp it to 0851386537 together with your name, age and parents email address. All works will need to be submitted latest the day before 13th June 2020. You are also very welcome to share it on the social media - please use a #CreativeIreland and tag us in @litterainbowireland
4. After you submitted your work, we’ll invite you* to take part in the session online via Zoom on the day of Cruinniú na nÓg – 13th June 2020 at 12am - 1pm. We will first talk about the works of all participants and then discuss the story together looking at your work, thinking creatively, inquiring deeper into the ideas behind the story.
* You’ll need to download Zoom. In the case of more than 20 submissions, we might need to schedule more than 1 session.
5. All the works submitted will be presented together on our YouTube channel in a video with acknowledgements after the event – Little Rainbow Academy Ireland.
6. All participants of our Zoom session will be in for a draw of a prize - book Adventures in Philosophy by Brendan O'Donoghue
Have fun thinking with your hands! See you on the 13th June online!